Please join us on May 4, 2018 for our Sixth Annual Drive-In Conference hosted by:
Florida International University
Modesto Maidique Campus
Network with more than 300 advising professionals from across the state of Florida to discuss ground-breaking practices and enhance your own professional development.
Call for Proposals has closed. Presenters will be notified in December. Thank you to all who submitted!
Instructions for Online Submission
- You must complete all items of the online proposal – incomplete applications will not be accepted. If you experience difficulty submitting online, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit all information in plain text. **No bullets or other special characters in the abstract. Bullet lists are allowed in the proposal.
- Proposals received after November 3, 2017 will not be reviewed.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Timeliness of the subject matter
- Topic’s contribution to advising field
- Clearly stated purpose and objectives
- Creativity in an approach to a situation or in ways to manage it
Presentation titles should be descriptive of the content of the session. They need not reflect the title of the conference. Presentation titles should be short and concise.
Understanding the Online Application Form
Only co-presenters who will actually be at the conference should be listed. You may have many persons who worked on your project, but we list only those presenters who will be making the actual presentation.
If you choose Concurrent as the format you wish to present, please be specific in your abstract on how much interaction will take place in your session. Panels are required to be formed by the person submitting, must have a moderator and are expected to represent the perspectives of more than one institution.
Presented in the form of a tabletop exhibit and delivered primarily through the use of visual display and handout materials. These sessions are most appropriate for display of specific programmatic approaches and research findings. The presenter should expect to make brief remarks when approached by attendees, share information, and answer questions about the presentation topic. All poster sessions are presented during breakfast or lunch. Audiovisual equipment may not be available for poster sessions.
Include the complete title of the presentation, but do not include your name. The proposal should state the presentation’s objectives and clearly describe how objectives will be met (materials, methods, activities, etc.) Refer to evaluation criteria above.
130-word limit. Do not use bullets, italicize, bold or underline for emphasis. The format will not be retained after online submission. This abstract will be published in the printed program should your proposal be accepted. Conference participants use session abstracts to determine which sessions to attend; therefore, it should accurately describe the content and focus of your proposed session. Include the complete title of the presentation, but do not include your name. Enclose cited publications in quotation marks. PLEASE proofread your abstract. Abstracts exceeding the 130-word limit will not be reviewed. The 130-word limit includes the presentation’s title.
Things to Remember (if your proposal is accepted)
- All presenters are expected to submit electronic versions of handouts or other materials used in their sessions to FLACADA, preferably prior to the conference, but within one week after it. The material is published to the conference web page, accessible only to conference attendees.
- Due to budgetary considerations, it is not possible to offer either an honorarium or a waiver of registration fees to program presenters.
- All presenters and co-presenters must register and pay for the conference.
- Scheduling of programs is a complex process. If accepted, your program may be scheduled at any time during the conference. In December, you will receive notice of the date and time scheduled for your presentations. Please make travel plans accordingly.
Questions? Contact us via email at email@example.com