At FLACADA we strive to provide our members with access to a collection of practical resources, professional development opportunities, and a community of peers—all to assist you in better serving students as academic advisors. One service we provide our members is access to “FLACADA Connections”, which are email listservs specifically geared towards academic advising across the state of Florida. FLACADA Connections are a great medium to solicit advice from your peers on best practices and solutions to advising issues.
We currently have four (4) groups dedicated to our members. These include:
- Advising Issues in Florida – The purpose of this group is to provide a forum for FLACADA members to share information and insights regarding advising issues specific to Florida higher education policies. Topics of interest include the Excess Credit law, the performance funding metrics, or other related topics.
- Advisor Training & Development – The purpose of this group is to provide members with a network for discussing advisor training and development issues as well as various practices and theories on training and development initiatives for academic advisors.
- Distance Learning Advising – The purpose of this group is to provide a network for advisors to discuss best practices or resources relating to distance learning advising.
- Two-Year Institutions – The purpose of this group is to create a network of academic advisors at two-year institutions across the state of Florida. While all members are welcome to join, the topics in this group will focus on advising programs, practices, policies, and advising issues at two-year institutions.
Each year, FLACADA will evaluate the needs of its members and will create additional groups as needed. If you have any suggestions please email email@example.com.
If you are not currently a FLACADA member, but would like to join the organization and receive access to the groups, please visit the FLACADA website to learn more. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FLACADA Connections Etiquette
- Be courteous. The discussions in FLACADA Connections are meant to stimulate conversation and not to create contention.
- Information posted on any listserv is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- FLACADA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on these sites by others.
- Please use descriptive headings in the subject line for all messages that you post to the group. At the end of your messages, attach a standard identifier that identifies you, your affiliation, and appropriate contact numbers (phone, email addresses). Do not include drawings, pictures, maps, graphics, etc. in the identifier lines since these materials may not be compatible on all systems.
- When replying to messages, do not reply to the entire list if a reply is directed at a single individual. When appropriate, replying to the individual may be more appropriate. Replies of a personal nature should not be sent to the group.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. In addition, by posting material, you grant FLACADA the nonexclusive, world-wide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
- FLACADA reserves the right to modify or change the rules to maintain the best interests of the organization.
- FLACADA reserves the right to block any users who do not abide by these guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding the FLACADA Connections groups please contact email@example.com.